photo blogheadersept14.jpg
 photo blogwebsitebutton.jpg

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Megan M. {Lewiston, ID Senior Portraits}

I won't bore you with long weather stories…the short of it is that I didn't think this session would happen. It rained. All day. Then, right after I cancelled the session, the sun came peeking out through the clouds and the rain stopped. So we decided to still shoot the session. THEN- right when I'm leaving for the session, DOWN POUR. At that moment I decided that as long as Megan was there and I was there, and we had this time carved out for portraits, we might as well give it a go (as long as Megan was game- and she was). I don't think I would've said yes to today's weather if it were my portraits. But here's the thing: Megan wanted her pictures to be unique and different than everyone else's. The rain gave us a gift- it allowed me to shoot a shot I've been envisioning for years- downpour included. It also gave us some amazing storm clouds hit by a sunset- it only lasted a few minutes, but while it was there it was INCREDIBLE.  All in all the rain gave us the gift of creativity and uniqueness. A few of the shots I took tonight are some of my favorites of the whole year. Because while you can recreate your own lighting, you can never recreate a majestic sky.
With that said, my favorite shot of the night. You'll be tempted to think that I photoshopped it and tweaked it to look more amazing than it was. Nope, this is my camera capturing the beauty of God's masterpiece. I can't outdo that guy. :)
 photo image_-63_tn-1.jpg  photo image_-7_tn-3.jpg  photo image_-15_tn-5.jpg  photo image_-19_tn.jpg


Here's the shot I've been wanting to do for a few years: photo image_-22_tn-4.jpg  photo image_-24_tn-1.jpg  photo image_-31_tn-3.jpg  photo image_-37_tn-6.jpg  photo image_-40_tn-2.jpg  photo image_-47_tn-1.jpg  photo image_-44_tn-3.jpg  photo image_-50_tn-2.jpg  photo image_-51_tn-4.jpg  photo image_-55_tn-2.jpg  photo image_-58_tn-3.jpg  photo image_-61_tn-2.jpg  photo image_-62_tn-3.jpg  photo image_-67_tn-1.jpg Megan & her boyfriend, Ben, who was a great assistant tonight and will be getting in front of my camera in a month:  photo image_-70_tn-2.jpg






These photos are copyright protected. Do not save, copy, or reproduce in any way. Stealing makes me sad.
~Ange Movius Photography~

No comments:

Post a Comment