photo blogheadersept14.jpg
 photo blogwebsitebutton.jpg

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chad & Nikki {Lewiston, ID Wedding}

I discovered something that may just save me from years of post-wedding insomnia: melatonin puts me down like a tranquilized elephant. I've always had a hard time sleeping after a wedding- I have too much Type-A in me, and I have a hard time resting until a job is completely done. But it makes a lot more sense for me to get a full night's rest after a wedding, get up the next day and work on processing the wedding all day until it's done. The Melatonin forces me to do that (the sleeping part). I took a melatonin pill before I went to bed, but in the middle of the night I got up, and my brain told me since I was slightly awake I should get back to work, but I realized as I walked around drunkenly in the dark that if I couldn't walk straight, I definitely shouldn't be processing a wedding!
Anyhow, it's a beautiful day today (as it was yesterday- those blue skys are straight out of the camera!) I've been forced to sleep and now I'm back to work :)

Yesterday, when we showed up to begin shooting, Nikki pointed out that she knew me from school when we were kids. Small world! When I first heard her name, I thought "that can't be the same Nikki!" (Especially since I thought she was from Tennessee since that's were she's stationed right now) and she's grown up so much from the girl I knew (not to mention the fact she -and Chad, who she met in Afghanistan- is a helicopter pilot)! Anyway, it was great to see you again Nikki, and you have become quite a gorgeous lady. I hope you love your pictures.

So, on to the wedding:
Chad & Nikki actually got married last June (they had planned on getting married this year but they are both in the Army and were going to be sent different ways if they didn't get married). So happy belated anniversary to these two! They also have a lovely little girl, Paisley who is just a few months old.
We got to spend the afternoon having a lovely photo session with these two, then added Paisley and Chad's girls, then headed back to Nikki's parent's house for a sunset backyard reception.


 photo image_-9_tn2.jpg  photo image_-3_tn2.jpg  photo image_-19_tn2.jpg

So, if you've looked around my website, on the about me section, there's a cute picture of me covered with mud that says "I'll do whatever it takes to get a great shot...even if it means crawling through the mud." Yeah, that's not an over exaggeration. Here I am, fetal position, in the dirt. Trav was so kind as to take this attractive picture of me. And yes, I'm as white as fine china. Luckily I remembered to wear sunscreen yesterday!  photo image_-21_tn2.jpg

Here's the shot I was getting:

 photo image_-22_tn2.jpg

And Trav got this beauty, and he didn't even have the decency to lay on the ground for it :)
 photo image_-23_tn2.jpg  photo image_-30_tn2.jpg  photo image_-32_tn2.jpg  photo image_-37_tn2.jpg  photo image_-40_tn2.jpg  photo image_-41_tn2.jpg


This is their baby, Paisley, she's almost three months old:  photo image_-63_tn2.jpg

These lovely ladies are the would-be wedding party had they gone with the original plan to have a full ceremony:  photo image_-71_tn2.jpg  photo image_-72_tn2.jpg

Their reception looked like something people on Pinterest would want to replicate. So many cute details!  photo image_-101_tn2.jpg  photo image_-109_tn2.jpg  photo image_-105_tn2.jpg  photo image_-94_tn2.jpg  photo image_-142_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-181_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-196_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-250_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-197_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-227_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-293_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-285_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-240_tn_tn.jpg  photo image_-248_tn_tn.jpg
You two are beautiful together, I can see you make each other very happy, and Trav and I want to thank you
for choosing us to document your special moments! Happy life together!


These photos are copyright protected. Do not save, copy, or reproduce in any way. Stealing makes me sad.
~Ange Movius Photography~

1 comment:

  1. I love the sweet wedding and the bride's beautiful smile!Everything is so amazing!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete