photo blogheadersept14.jpg
 photo blogwebsitebutton.jpg

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stephen & Madison {hitched!}

 Stephen and Madison are so cute together, and my camera loved following them around on their special day yesterday. I've known Stephen since he was the scary little brother of one of my closest friends. He isn't so scary now, as Madison noticed. :) The wedding took place at the gorgeous Dupont Gardens. Aw, how my camera loves that place!

 In Madison's words:

How we met:
We actually met at our church in Lewiston. I was a sophomore in college at LC and he was a senior in high school at the time (which was extremely weird for me!). We saw each other a few times before we actually met at our youth group. We instantly hit it off and went out every night that week, going to the fair, stargazing and talking on the phone for hours on end. We knew pretty quickly that we wanted to be together.

Our Engagement Story

After dating for about 4 years, I finished school and headed back to Portland and lucky me Stephen also moved here to start cosmetology school. For Christmas, we both flew into Lewiston to visit his family for a few days. While I was there, Stephen had set up this extravagant proposal :)
The proposal was a run through of highlights in our relationship; how we met, our first date, our first kiss, when we said I love you etc. He took me to seven different places around the town that were set up with lights, candles, and wishing lanterns by his amazing father, Michael, who was about a half hour ahead of us. We ended up finishing the night at the church. He reenacted how we first saw each other. We first saw each other at church when he was on worship and I just a simple attendee. He sat me in the same seat and he got up on the stage and played his guitar and sang a proposal song that he wrote, then he got down on one knee! I couldn't have asked for a better proposal :)

Madison and Stephen, thanks for the honor of letting us capture your day. I hope we did it justice. You two are adorable together.


Photobucket


Photobucket





This next picture is Madison's mom telling her about how when she was a baby, she would rock her and pray for her future husband, that God would protect him and have just the right person for Madison. I'm not a crier (I grew up with all boys- three brothers!) but her impromptu speech made me tear up a bit.
Photobucket

Photobucket



They opted to first see each other in a special private moment prior to the ceremony. This was probably the cutest first sight we've ever shot. Stephen was SO excited to see his bride:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


GAH. This garden is photography heaven:
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket



We captured so many fun reactions from Stephen and Madison yesterday, it was hard to pick my favorites!
Photobucket




And yes, they danced their way out of the ceremony. I love it.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Stephen's mom, Debbie is tiny. He gets his height from his Dad, who is approximately 9 feet tall. Ok, maybe it's more like 6 ft 7, but it might as well be 9 feet from my lower-to-the-ground perspective.  I love how Stephen has to crouch down to dance close with her. He ended up just picking her up like a rag doll and swinging her around:
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


They handed out funny hats to everyone attending. It's amazing how much wearing a funny hat loosens a person up. All of a sudden, everyone was ready to dance!
Photobucket


And here is possibly the cutest person at the wedding yesterday. You may remember this little girl, I've shot her a couple times and was at her birth. She's my good friends Jacque & Ryan's daughter- Stephen's niece.

Photobucket



These photos are copyright protected. Do not save, copy, or reproduce in any way. Stealing makes me sad.
~Ange Movius Photography Lewiston - Clarkston Photographer

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Mr. and Mrs. Wards wedding pictures! Beautiful wedding, setting, people and pictures!

    ReplyDelete